Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OMS3 Grass modules Wrapper at Prague GRASS-Hackfest

Last week I took part at the GRASS Community Sprint. As every sprint I took part at, it has been an amazing experience and it has been good to catch up with "old" grass developers I knew and to get introduced to some really great "new" developers.

At the sprint I wanted to wrap all the grass modules in an OMS3/jgrasstools wrapper. Well, I had only two days to code on it, so I am not exactly where I wanted to, but lot's of stuff is already working and I can show you some stuff already loaded in the OmsBox:

Running r.watershed from within uDig:



And the result:



If you want to know what OMS3, jgrasstools and the omsbox are, you are invited to have a look at the presentation I gave at the Geoinformatics FCE CTU 2011.

While in the screenshots you can see the modules inside the OmsBox (just so it looks nice), the result is a very small java package that depends on no big library or toolbox, so that the whole java world can take advantage of this. Amen!


I would also like to thank personally the sponsors that helped out:
GFOSS.it Associazione Italiana per l'Informazione Geografica Libera
Stefan Sylla, sylla-consult, Frankfurt, Germany
R3 GIS, Merano, Italy
FOSSGIS e.V., D-A-CH

1 comment:

AboutHydrology said...

This is great Andrea. And what you write in your Prague presentation even more. ric